Thursday, October 3, 2013

Papers on papers on papers

I feel my fingers getting ahead of my mind as I type this blog entry.  I had so many papers due this week that it seems like I've done nothing but type for the past three days!  Things are also really picking up at my GA since I've been working on planning our Admissions events (the first of which is an On-Campus Info Session at Penn GSE for prospective students, 10AM-1PM on Saturday, October 12th!--see our Events page for more info and to RSVP).  

This program has taught me a lot already, but time-management is the #1 professional skill that I am developing.  I always thought I had good time-management from being busy in college and then teaching high school, but I am slowly getting used to the idea that I have to plan out every minute of my day if I want to get things done efficiently.  I also hate when people complain about being busy (major pet peeve), so I want to emphasize that I am NOT complaining (well, maybe a little bit...) but I'm trying to view everything as a learning experience and not a burden :-) 

My two best friends from college are coming to visit this weekend.  One of them is in med school in New Jersey, and the other works at a law firm in DC.  We don't get to see each other too often, so I'm so excited for them to visit!  We're going to explore the city a little bit, so I'll take pictures to post.



My friends and I took this photo at Penn's Landing using an automatic timer on one of our cameras!  This was our first try--we attempted to take another, but they were all epic fails.



This is me (on the right) with Vicki (center) and Grace (left).  They're my best friends who I met my freshman year of college...we don't get to see each other too often, but when we do it's always an adventure =)

No comments:

Post a Comment