Thursday, October 10, 2013

On-Campus Info Session this Saturday!

HELLO!  This is going to be a very brief post.  I have a midterm in a few hours and I'm in the middle of planning our largest on-campus admissions event of the fall semester (which you should all come to!).  The event is our On-Campus Information Session, and it will be taking place this Saturday, October 12th, from 10AM-1PM.  As the title suggests, the event takes place on campus and will include information about admissions, financial aid, student life at GSE, and the different programs we offer.  It will be a lot of fun, very informative, and there will be plenty of food!  Needless to say, this week has been very stressful for me, since I am balancing my coursework (midterm time!) as well as this big event for admissions.  I have been drinking a ton of coffee this week so please excuse any typos in this post.

Even though it's been stressful, I'm so excited for the event this Saturday.  I really want to continue working in Admissions after graduating, so this is really great career experience.  I've done some event-planning in college, but never anything this large-scale.  I've been making a ton of lists and delegating tasks where I can (currently my co-GA's, Amanda and Wesley, are being awesome and updating the Admissions PowerPoint presentation to reflect this year's information!)  It seems like everything is in place, but things are bound to happen at the last minute.  Just trying to anticipate issues wherever I can.  Anyway, I gotta go study for my midterm...updates will come on Monday as to how to session went, and I'll include pictures this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment