Thursday, October 24, 2013

Recruitment trip to Washington, D.C.

I'm on my way back from an Admissions trip that I went on for my GA.  I attended an Off-Campus Info Session at the Hotel Palomar in DC with Lois, who is the Assistant Dean of Academic and Student Affairs at GSE.  It was a lot of fun!  As opposed to the On-Campus Info Session that I wrote about a few posts ago, these sessions are held at hotels in different cities...in the Fall, we had sessions in NYC, Chicago, Boston, and DC.  Part of my GA duties was to coordinate the catering and registration for these events, so it was great to actually go to one and see what it's like. The food was amazing; this cheese display was my favorite:



Oh, and the actual Info Session went really well!  Contrary to what my photo may suggest, I spoke with prospective students and didn't just stand in the corner and eat the whole time =]  It was interesting to see the variety of academic and professional backgrounds that prospective students come from.  Lois led a Q&A session and we each got to chat with small groups of students.  

I'm on the train back to Philly now.  We get back at 1, and then I have a meeting with a professor, a meeting with a group for a project, class from 4:30-8:30, and then I need to write a paper and prep for a group presentation, both of which are due tomorrow morning.  It's hard for me to save work until the last minute because it stresses me out even more, but I've found that in grad school, schedules can get so busy that the last minute is sometimes the only minute available!  I hope this train ride takes a while... 

No comments:

Post a Comment