Tuesday, October 15, 2013

On-Campus Info Session and Apple-Picking

Hello!  Happy Tuesday, everyone.  I am much less stressed than I was when I wrote my last blog post.  The On-Campus Info Session that we had on Saturday went really well.  We had a great turn-out and the weather ended up being nice (I was the MC for the event so I got to make awkward comments about the weather in between presenters like most MCs do).  Our faculty and student speakers were awesome, as was the Admissions presentation by my wonderful supervisor, LaToya =)  And I'm really thankful for all of the help from our Admissions GA team as well as our Admissions Ambassadors.  Finally, a special shout-out to my co-GAs, Amanda and Wesley.  We all work in the Admissions office together and they have been extremely helpful in planning this event.  Here is a picture of us from Saturday!  From left to right:  Amanda, me, & Wesley (Wesley was the student speaker at our event).



After the Info Session I was exhausted and took a 3-hour nap.  Then my parents and younger brother came to visit and we had dinner at New Deck Tavern, which is an Irish pub down the street from Penn's campus.  As I've mentioned in previous blog entries, Philly has amazing food, but my family is extremely picky about what they will eat!  I had to email them 4 menus ahead of time and they picked New Deck.  The food was really good though.  Here's a picture of my brother and me outside of my apartment:


On Sunday I was still exhausted (along with planning the Info Session I also had a midterm and a paper due the week before), but I went apple-picking in New Hope with two of my friends from the Higher Ed program.  It was really nice to get away from the craziness of Philly for the afternoon.  There was a quick hayride that took us over to the apple orchards, and the guide gave us very descriptive explanations of the four different types of apples that were available to pick.  I am a total sucker for food descriptions--it can be a McDonald's cheeseburger, but if someone describes it in detail to me ("hand-diced onions, Dijon mustard, locally-sourced vegetables") I would probably think it's amazing.  Even if that description is a bit of a stretch.  Anyway, here is a photo from apple-picking!  I am on the left, and then there are my friends Jenna and Kaitlyn.


Time to go do some reading for class now, but I'll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment