Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mid-week weekend post

I decided to make this post about this past weekend, which might be a sign of how ready I am for this upcoming weekend.  I don't have any particularly exciting plans, but I usually do the majority of my schoolwork during the week, so I'm excited to have a bit of downtime.  This past weekend was pretty busy.  Friday night I went to a gala held by the Graduate Student Association at Penn.  The dress code was all-white, which made for some interesting outfits.  My favorite was a classmate of mine who wore a white jumpsuit with a hood.  They had good music, dancing, drinks, and snacks.



Graduate Student Gala at WorldCafe Live!

Saturday I did some homework and planned to go to a Graduate Student carnival later in the day (never too old for a carnival, or a petting zoo), but it was canceled because of the rain.  I had a friend visiting though so we walked around University City.


  
Picture of the Philly skyline that I took from Penn Park, which is where the athletic fields are.

Later on Saturday night, I had some of the best Mexican food of my life at a place called El Limon in Conshohocken, which is right outside of Philly. 

Chicken mole enchiladas from El Limon.  Delicious!

On Sunday my family came to visit from New Jersey, and we went to the Cheesecake Factory.  Philly has some amazing food (see above), but my family is very traditional when it comes to restaurant choices!  Eventually I'll get them to try some new things :)

I'll wrap this up for now, but I'll be posting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment