Thursday, September 19, 2013

Zzzzzz...

Last night I got 10 hours of sleep, and then woke up to the sound of a jackhammer outside my window (they are doing construction across the street from my apartment).  Sleeping and working out are becoming my favorite activities.  Thursdays are a long day (GA from 11-3, class from 4:30-8:30), but I do get to sleep in a little bit since I don't start until 11.  Before I went to sleep last night, I had visions of waking up early, taking time to actually do my hair and makeup, and maybe even picking up coffee on my way to work.  Needless to say, I rolled out of bed at 10:15, scrambled to pack my lunch, decided that eyeliner was enough makeup for the day, and ended up making Keurig coffee when I got to work (Side note:  a Keurig is going to be one of my first purchases once I get a full-time job.  Other side note:  my mother will likely read this post and will scold me for sleeping so late.  Hi Mom!)

This week I had a total of 10 pages of writing due; 7 pages for one class, 3 for another.  I get terrible anxiety if I save papers until the night before, so I really tried to get all of them done ahead of time.  I know that won't always be possible due to the volume of work involved in a 1-year Master's program, but it's comforting to know that today after 4 hours of work and 4 hours of class, I can go home and relax instead of writing!  I have It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVR'ed and waiting for me when I get home.  I'm going to two events for Penn's GradFest this weekend--a carnival and a gala.  Pictures and updates to come!

1 comment:

  1. DON'T READ THIS BECK!!

    Side-side-side note: Mom & Dad? You now have an idea for a Christmas present this year.

    ReplyDelete