Thursday, May 1, 2014

Graduation is in 2 week and 2 days...what?!

One of my friends from my cohort, Susan, posted the following status on Facebook a few days ago, and I thought it was very indicative of what we're all experiencing right now:  "All of my work to finish grad school is due on or before May 9th. May 9th is now in the 10 day weather forecast. This causes me to have a lot of feelings."

I have two final papers left to write; each about 15-20 pages, which is certainly scary.  I also spend my study breaks and free time applying for jobs and checking my email to see if I've heard back from said jobs, so my life has been less than exciting these past few weeks.  In the spirit of looking ahead to the three weeks I will spend in Philly post-finals, I've come up with a "Bucket List" of things I still want to do before I leave.  This is similar to my last post, which focused on places I want to go.  Again, I plan to come back to Philly, but it all depends on what the Higher Education employment gods have in store for me ;)

1)  Walk around Penn's campus on a sunny day and take pictures.  It's so beautiful, and there are plenty of areas I haven't explored yet!
2)  Go swimming at the Pottruck Fitness Center.
3)  Climb the rock wall at Pottruck.
4)  Go to Federal Donuts (it's a place that serves donuts and fried chicken, they just opened one near campus, and everyone is talking about how delicious it is).
5)  Go to happy hour at Pod and Doc Magrogan's (these are more expensive restaurants near Penn's campus, but apparently they have really great happy hour menus).
6)  Go for a run on Kelly Drive.  Or maybe a walk.  Probably a walk.
7)  Explore the Italian Market area in South Philly.
8)  Go to one of the museums that offers a student discount before my ID expires.
9)  Go to a Phillies game (the only one I've been to was during 100+ degree weather a few years ago, so that was not fun).
10)  Go back to the Philadelphia zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment