Thursday, April 3, 2014

It's already April?!

Happy Thursday!  I've heard so many people say this over the past few days, but seriously, how is it already April?  Being in a one-year Master's program makes the semesters fly by extra quickly (although it doesn't always feel that way around finals time).  GSE's graduation is on May 17th, so we have about a month and a half left.  I really want to stay in Philadelphia for a job, but that all depends on how fruitful my job search is.  My apartment lease ends on May 31st, and my parents live in New Jersey, so I'll likely have to go home for a few weeks in between.  Right now all I can do is send out as many job applications as possible and hope for the best!

This past week we had the Preview Days for accepted Master's students in all of GSE, as well as one that was specifically for the Higher Ed program.  This year I attended both, but I planned the GSE-wide Preview Day that was held on Friday, 3/28.  We were very excited that so many people attended the event, many of whom are coming to GSE next year!  I also went to some of the events during the Higher Ed Preview Days, since I remember attending these last year as a prospective student.  I flew in from Miami for this weekend last year.  I highly recommend attending since seeing Penn's campus and meeting current students and faculty made me even more sure that I wanted to be at GSE.

This weekend I'm going to Washington D.C. to spend time with my two best friends from college.  I'm really excited!  I haven't seen either of them in a while, and it will be fun to explore D.C. together.  I'll post some pictures once I get back =)


No comments:

Post a Comment