Friday, March 7, 2014

Spring break countdown

Spring break starts tomorrow, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really excited to have a few days off.  I don't have any plans to go somewhere warm and tropical; the most adventurous thing I'm doing during break is going outlet shopping in Atlantic City with my mom.  I haven't been home all semester since work and my comps exam took up most weekends, so I've missed my family a lot!

These past few weeks have been filled with coursework, applying for jobs, and trying to make the most of the time I have left at Penn.  I'm hoping to stay in the area after graduating (maybe even at Penn, if I'm lucky enough to find a position here), but I know that being a student and being a working professional are very different lifestyles.  I worked for a year in between college and enrolling at Penn, and while I miss receiving a salary, I'm really going to miss taking classes.  I don't think I'll ever stop wanting to be in school, which is one of the benefits of working in higher education.  You're constantly part of a community of people who consider themselves lifelong learners (plus, a lot of institutions offer tuition benefits for employees).

I'm going to wrap this up since I have a lot of work to do around the office before leaving for break (I'm planning two major events for the end of March--our Open House on 3/22, and our Admitted Master's Student Preview Day on 3/28).  Both will be a lot of fun, so check them out on our website if you have a chance!
https://www.gse.upenn.edu/rsvp

No comments:

Post a Comment