Thursday, January 23, 2014

Returning from Winter Break

Well, classes started again after a wonderful three and a half weeks of vacation.  I know this sounds crazy, but I am terrible at having time off.  I'm so used to being busy that when I do have time off I actually don't know what to do with myself.  I end up sleeping late and watching way too many shows on Netflix for a few days, and then I have to do something productive.  I actually went back to work a week early since the Admissions office was really busy.  I also ended up having to get my wisdom teeth removed, so that took up some time as well and allowed me to watch more Netflix, guilt-free.  Also, my family went to Disney World for Christmas which was a lot of fun, and I spent New Year's in Philly with my best friends.  Aside from the wisdom teeth, it was a pretty awesome break!  

This week has been amazing since we had off on Monday for MLK day and then had a snow day yesterday.  I know I was just "complaining" about having time off, but surprise snow days are always nice.  I got ahead in some of my classes, made dinner, cleaned my apartment, and even baked banana bread which is very uncharacteristic of me (I'm not great at cooking or baking, but I'm getting better).  I also updated my resume and started to work on a cover letter...ahhh, the job hunt is starting!  I'll write more about that in the next few weeks.  I also have some pictures to post from winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment